Monday, October 22, 2007

House news and contact info…

So, I’ve found a place to live…and it’s amazing! I started looking last week and it was kind of discouraging, given how competitive housing is right now, but I came to look at this house in Dun Laoghaire (pronounced, believe it or not, Dun Leary), which is a suburb south of Dublin, and decided to take the room.

Dun Laoghaire is relatively far from the city centre, but the DART (like the skytrain) is just a short busride away and then I can take that into the city. And the house just seems worth it… It’s a huge, detached house with so many rooms I’m still discovering some. Its been leased by this great woman named Pamela, who’s a single mother. Her daughter is here with her – a typical 15-year-old who’s horse crazy. There are three other renters, a girl from Germany, a guy from Ireland, and a guy from Poland. So it’s a pretty international house… I have the smallest room, but it’s really nice, and I have a lovely view of the park across the street. There’s tons of common space and the backyard is so amazing – beautifully landscaped with lights, pathways, a small bridge…too bad summer is over...

The address is:
The Hills, 126 Rochestown Ave.
Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

The only catch to this place is that if I get offered a job in north Dublin, I'll have to move because the commute is unreasonable, but hopefully I'll get offered the other job I'm interviewing for, which is in the city centre and *is* a reasonable commute.

I also have a phone because you can’t really exist here without one. Unfortunately the only network I can send text messages to in Canada is Rogers, and I don’t think I know a single person on Rogers, so we’ll have to stick to email…or to talking to each other:)

My number is: 85 814 8987
To dial from Canada, it’s 1-353-85-814-8987.

Oh, and Ireland is 8 hours ahead of Vancouver, so do the math, wherever you are, but it would be lovely to hear from any of you.

The Internet connection (they refer to it as broadband here) is in the works, so I’m offline at home again, but hopefully not for too long.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat! I just looked up Dun Laoghaire on Google Earth. Took a nice little tour of your new hood. Are you within easy walking distance of the harbour? Does your park have tennis courts? ;-)

Thanks for the posts, Tessa. Good fun. Keep'em comin'!

John Dumbrille said...

Tessa how close are you to a pub?